Monday 9 March 2015

Meet the talented MJ Sings



THE city of Bulawayo has long been considered as the country’s cultural hub but the non-availability of radio stations based in the city has in recent years deprived local artistes of an avenue to get their works to the masses.

But the above challenge has not stopped Bulawayo musos from producing top quality music and one such artiste is 22-year old Michael Jeremy Ncube, who goes by the stage name MJ Sings.
We caught up with the afro-pop singer to find out more about his work.

Who is MJ Sings?

My real name is Mncedisi Jeremy Ncube and my stage name is MJ Sings. I am an Afro Pop singer-songwriter from Bulawayo aged 22.

So when did you start doing music?

I started doing music when I was 14 years old when I  joined  an accapela group called Oasis8 and for four years I was the group’s lead singer.

Who have you worked with in the music industry?

I have had the honour to perform alongside great artists such as Tariro ne Gitare, iTribe, Haja from Madagascar, Josh Meck and many more.





What are you currently working on?

At the moment I am working on my next single which is going to drop later this month.  I am also working on my first album that will be released later this year.

So what challenges have you faced in pursuing your music career?
The biggest challenge I have faced and still face is financial constraints because of the unavailability of music promoters.
 If more investors can have faith in my brand and believe in it and invest then I would be Africa’s next biggest star.
So how can people get in touch with MJ Sings?

Well I am on twitter @MJ Sings, facebook as MJ Sings, and You Tube as MJ Sings

MJ Sings has a single out that is entitled Our Story and believe you me when I say Our Story is one of my new favourite local songs. You can check out the single on You Tube and I promise you will definitely fall in love with MJ Sings just like I did.
The track was produced by Cal-vin who also does the rap on the joint while a musician named Beke played the guitar.


God Is Love;

Emma





No comments:

Post a Comment