Monday 12 October 2015

Motivational Monday - Dreams Bigger Than 80s Fashion and Style



IF there is an era that I love or that I identify with, it is the 80s. Remember the 80s? Those that were not born in the 80s let me try and paint a picture of that period in your minds.

The 80s was a time of big hair, big shoulder pads, everything was better if it was Big. It was a go big or go home type of era.

And if you turned on the television after transmission had ended you would see this big clock that had bold colours.

I don’t know about other countries but in Zimbabwe during the 80s television broadcasts were not 24 hours and that big clock with the rainbow colours was what you got when you turned on the telly when there was no transmission.

Anyways now that we have recapped a little about what the 80s was all about, someone asked me about my dreams, and the perfect way of describing my dreams is Big like 80s fashion and style.
 I want it all.

 I am of royal Nguni blood. A daughter of the Khumalos, uMangethe kaLanga, (thina esangena emfuleni siphethe isikhuni somlilo sivutha saphuma silokhe sivutha).

My ancestors are renowned for their fighting spirit and so I am also going to fight until all my dreams come true.

The problem with our generation is that we feel entitled to things.
We feel like someone owes us the good life. No one owes you anything but yourself, and we have to stop being what I would call “The Now Generation.”
These are the kind of people that need everything but are not patient. Ain’t nobody got time for that, we say to ourselves.
We want it and we want it now!!!!

Well, growing up has made me realise that success does not come overnight.
That dream job my sister or brother won’t come overnight, but does that mean you have to give up? You have to put in the work and then put it out to the universe and believe that what you give out to the universe then the universe will give back to you.

Every time you feel like throwing in the towel just stop and ask yourself “How Badly Do You Want It?”
If you want it so badly like the bible tells us Sarah wanted a baby, or like Zachariah badly wanted to see the son of God that he had to climb up a tree, then you will hold on and trust that the Lord says in his word; “For I know the plans I have for you not to harm nor destroy you, but to prosper and give you hope”,

Quitting is NEVER an option!!!! Keep going, Pray Harder and tell yourself that the state of the economy of the world does not concern you.
 You are God’s child and where doors are closed you don’t force them to open. You step aside and let the Lord your God do the opening for you.

God Is Love



Emma.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah ne. To follow your dream we all have to start somewhere n that somewhere is atthe bottom. We will get there l suppose one step at a time

    ReplyDelete