Friday 27 February 2015

FASHION FRIDAY - VINTAGE KLOSET


Nothando Mpofu
There is no worse nightmare than to walk into a party and find someone else wearing the same outfit as yours. OMG I die!!! 
So to avoid such mishaps I make sure I buy my clothes in boutiques or shops where the outfit is the only one in stock. Of late I have fallen in love with the amazing Nothando Mpofu’s Vintage Kloset.
                        


Mpofu is a Bulawayo based young lady who has seen her hobby and love for fashion turn into something huge.

Vintage Kloset has become the fashion haven for a lot of fashion lovers like me.
This week on Fashion Friday I caught up with Nothando to find out how she has successfully turned a hobby into a thriving business.


1.     How did Vintage Kloset start?





           Its an idea that I started pursuing early last year with reservations of course because I was not  sure of how people would take it but its been an exciting venture so far.

2.     What made you choose vintage clothing?

 It’s the desire to look different, fashion is ever evolving but there is something about vintage clothing that makes it classic and ever fashionable.




3.     How has the public responded to Vintage Kloset?

 The response has been great so far, people love the stuff I am offering. The nice thing about vintage clothing is that it’s unique and if you are that kind of person who does not follow trends but sets own trend it’s the best style to go because every piece of clothing is different in its own way.





4.     Who is your target market?


 It’s any woman who is style conscious and it’s not even for my age mates only because my mother is one of my best clients because to her it seems all my stuff makes her feel nostalgic.





5.     So where can one find Vintage Kloset?

 I do not have a shop at the moment and I am not planning on opening one in the near future because to me this is a hobby turned into business because I love fashion and dressing up generally. So I usually do pop-up sales every month-end in Bulawayo and I recently started selling stuff online on my Face book page - Vintage Kloset, Instagram - @thevintagekloset and Twitter its @VintageKloset . So far the response has been amazing and I really need to put more time into it.


6.     So Nothando do you get off your own supply?

Oh yes I definitely am always getting high off my own supply. Like I said earlier I fail to define my style too because I surprise myself, I am very experimental, I like to set my own trend and am just in love with vintage clothing because it brings out that originality in me. I don t want to dress like anyone I see on TV I just want to dress up my own way.




So ladies head over to Vintage Kloset like, follow and stay in the know of the next fashion pop-up sale. Vintage never goes out of style, why look like the rest when you can be the Best?


God Is Love
Emma
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


1 comment: