Monday 2 February 2015

Motivational Monday

MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY




                                                               Jackie MGIDO

So on 31 January Vault Cosmetics launched in Bulawayo and I got the chance to do a brief one on one interview with the lovely Jackie Mgido so she could tell me more about her dream and how the journey has been.
 Oh my dear Lord this was a big deal for me. I am a big advocate for women going out there and achieving their dreams and excelling.  I must admit however, that being in the presence of an internationally acclaimed make – up artist made me nervous but the fact that she was very humble and down to earth eased my nervousness away kkkk.
And this is how it went:

Q. Who is Jackie Mgido?

A. Jackie is a simple Zimbabwean woman, who had a dream and decided to do make up for us by one of us.

Q. Ok, so why make up. Why not shoes, or handbags?

A. Well growing up I had a lot of insecurities, there were a lot of things I didn’t like with the way I looked so I thought I could correct it with make-up.

Q. So Jackie you started your make-up way back when make-up was frowned upon, did that have a negative impact on your dream?

A. Not exactly, my father also was not a big fan of me applying make-up, but I was so good with it that I would put it and he would not even notice that I was wearing any. That motivated me even more to pursue my dream

Q. How do you manage to be this humble when you have worked with big stars such as Jamie Foxx and John Legend?

A. ....(chuckles) well  there is no other way, I don’t know no other way, kkkk I mean  I have always been grateful, and I feel like if you grateful and God has given you something there is only one other way to be and that is being grateful.


I felt so motivated after my chat with Jackie and I hope you will feel the same after reading this.
And guys, there is no reason for you not to go after your dreams.
Our biggest fear is that it has never been done, what if I fail? What if it all goes wrong? Well what if it all goes so right and you achieve your wildest dream?

Take this simple Zimbabwean lady who had a dream and despite all the challenges, she went after her dreams and today she is the face and brains behind the Vault Cosmetics brand.

Go ahead yall and do your thing and while you at it don’t forget to walk into a Truworths Store and get VAULTED!!!!!!

God Is Love
Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment