Sunday 18 January 2015

AFCON 2015

The AFCON 2015 kicked off, this means that the battle of the remote will intensify in most households kkkkk luckily not in mine because I appreciate football. I didn’t get to watch the first match but I did make sure that I watched Burkina Faso play against Gabon
The Stallions are my favourites this year as I loved the way they played in the last competitions in South Africa. The match started off with both the Panthers and Stallions attacking. I was a bit worried when I realised that Bance was not in the starting eleven but I took heart that J Pitroipa had been one of the starting eleven
Burkina Faso seemed to be coming heavy on the Panthers, with the Panthers defence being found napping but the man at the gate saved his defenders time and again. The Panthers hit man and Captain scored the first goal and created the second one and thus making him my man of the match.
I wasn’t disappointed when the result was 2-0 in favour of Gabon when the match ended as its still early days and in the game of football anything can happen. Burkina Faso are still my favourites, those who know me know that I have always been an Ivory Coast supporter but I think that the Didier Drogba and Yaya Toure eras have passed and we have alot of promising youngsters that are going to bring the football pitch ablaze
So this time around the Stallions are my team, as for my sisters who are stressed about the games and the remote control I say give football a chance and you will love it, it’s not that complicated plus laughing at the funny hairstyles that our African brothers are rocking is a bonus kkkkkk
My two cents advise for our own coaches;;;; If you look at the first goal, the Captain’s attempt at goal was saved but he quickly redeemed himself fast and looked up to see where he was going to place his shot then he released it, so I think our players should be taught the importance of Looking Up at goal not just kicking the ball without even raising your head to see where the keeper is at and where you can place your shot.
God is Love

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment