Sunday 25 January 2015

SKIN BLEACHING

Today was a normal day, went for my morning jog. I always enjoy the fresh morning breeze; it gives you the energy to face whatever the day holds. Well today was no different from any other morning, until I came across some ladies who were also jogging

I glanced at them as I passed, then took another look at one of them kkkkkkk. Oh my dear Lord this lady almost made me burst with laughter. This lady she was light-skinned but ONLY in her face, from the neck downwards she was pitch black. She is not the first woman I have seen with a light face and the rest of the body was pitch black

A lot of ladies are bleaching their skins, in the hope of becoming a yellow-bone. Lord knows why our society seems to think that a light-skinned person is more beautiful than a dark skinned one. Why spend a lot of money on these lightening creams? And what baffles me the most is that these creams will lighten your skin but in the long run they start not working and you end up with black patches on your face (well most of those that are used in Africa do that)

Why am I saying this, because there are celebrities that have bleached their skins but it doesn’t seem to have the long term effects as the ones used in Africa. A celebrity like Beyonce Knowles if you look at her pictures from way back, the skin has changed dramatically. Tamar Braxton, Mshoza and Khanyi Mbau, these are some of the celebs that have gone down the route of skin bleaching.

Personally I think that buying these creams or getting injections to become light-skinned its absurd, why apply the creams if they only going to make your face lighter only? Why bother when it has been proven that in the long run your skin will become darker than your original complexion?

Outer beauty fades with time, whether you are light-skinned or not. We should all know that inner beauty is what is important in a woman. Embrace all your flaws, there are celebrities that are dark-skinned but very beautiful the likes of Gabrielle Union, literally speaking people should be comfortable in their own skin.
Well that is my opinion; let me know what you think of skin bleaching

God Is Love

Emma

1 comment:

  1. Emma
    We have seen being yellow borne as beautiful because people were not taught to love themselves or being confident in their own skin. We used to believe being light skinned is being sexy, people want to embrace that and as black people we have embraced other cultures and forgotten about our oown....
    Self confidence is what we lack!!!

    Princess

    ReplyDelete