Thursday 22 January 2015

WEAVES AND KIDS
Weaves, weaves hmmm the most talked about word and the least understood kkkk. As ladies we were told that our hair is our crowning glory and the fact that men seem to love long hair does not make it any easier for us who were not blessed with that long mane
Brazilian, Indian, Cambodian, Peruvian, Japanese, and Chinese any type of hair that catches your fancy is all good with me. As long as it makes you sleep better at night we A-Okay but I do have a problem with weaves on toddlers. I have noticed that a lot of toddlers are rocking all these weaves nowadays

I am all for a great weave but only on adults,i find it weird to see a toddler rocking a weave. It just doesn’t seem right. Are we not burdening our little princesses with these weaves? What exactly is the point of a three year old putting on that expensive weave?  why don’t you use that money to buy that cutie-pie books? Install a reading culture on that princess? Yes? No? Ok
                                                                
After asking one of my good friends why her daughter had a huge Brazilian weave on? She said her daughter has tough, kinky African hair and it is hard to comb or maintain it. A very great answer, but I told her that there are products that are great for our kinky African hair. You have to know your hair type and then look for the best hair-product that works for your daughter.

I also have a princess who has that hard, kinky hair but you will never find her with a weave on. I want her to enjoy being a toddler, playing with sand and not having to worry about  spoiling her Brazilian weave. So my princess uses the Johnson’s Baby care range, it comes with a shampoo, conditioner and spray believe me it works wonders

But then again this is my opinion, leave your comments below and let me know what you think of weaves and our bambinos

God is Love
Emma


6 comments:

  1. I def agree with you, I totally disagree with mothers who put weaves on their kid's head, that's torture

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time l actually grew my hair l was going for my U6. I was about to turn 18 and for the past 17 years l cut my hair and on holidays had an s-curl. This is how l was brought up so w me, I totally disagree with women who put weaves on kids. Sometimes parents live their lives through kids....

    The other thing its competition amongst mums. Let the competition be against mothers and leave kids out of it. She may have the clothes your daughter doesn't have, so what? People should live within their means. Teach your child to be beautiful from the inside then the appearance wouldn't matter much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Princess Nolz you have said it better,,its annoying to see mums who live their lives through their daughters,especially those who wanted to be models but couldn't compete and now the poor baby is being forced to walk the run-way

    @Keisher the things that some mothers put their daughters through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. personally i think thats just silly, considering those things are so itchy and the heat the poor toddler would experience...major abuse

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nozie yesss yess that's what it is Abuse,people should just stop it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eish talk of when the head is itchy, some kids even know how to scratch their heads without disturbing the hairstyle...10 years later parents say their kids don't respect them n want brazillian hair but its all they learn....

    In my home language we say, 'sigoqwa sisemanzi'- spare the road n spoil your child. The earlier you teach them proper values, the better...

    ReplyDelete